Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crockpot chicken

I made this yesterday. It was the 2nd time I have made it and it is super simple. I tried an onion in the middle this time (my own addition) and I didn't really like it as much. It tasted a little "onion-y", which I don't really like, but if you like it, you might try it.

Also, I am going to post the actual recipe with my changes in parenthesis, just so you can see what I did.


[Insert picture here] Sorry, it is in my daughters camera and I have to wait for someone to help me get it downloaded...she is asleep and I can't find where she put it! So lame! So, you will have to look again tomorrow.

Ingredients


1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika

(I added two cloves of garlic, but if I didn't have the cloves, I would have put some garlic powder on it)

DIRECTIONS

1. Wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3 to 4 inch balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker. (I actually put washed, whole potatoes in the bottom, they baked just fine)

2. Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika, and place in the slow cooker on top of the crumbled aluminum foil. (I put the garlic cloves inside the cavity)

3. Set the slow cooker to High for 1 hour, then turn down to Low for about 8 to 10 hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear (I left it on high for almost 2 hrs and it was done after 6 hrs. At the end, you need to check it so it doesn't dry out. Also, I added a tiny bit of water in the bottom of the crockpot, maybe 1/2 a cup)

Add some veggies and you have dinner done!


I put this here, but remember, I made one chicken for 11 people, not 6, so I know that my chicken didn't add up to 400 cals! Also, if you have leftovers, boil the bones and make soup stock! You can use it the next night or freeze it for chicken noodle soup.

Nutritional Information

Baked Slow Cooker Chicken
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 408
Total Fat: 28.5g
Cholesterol: 142mg
Sodium: 133mg
Total Carbs: 0.2g
Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
Protein: 35.2g

2 comments:

  1. I want to post too. I feel left out......wahhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! I'm always looking for good crockpot recipes. Yea!

    ReplyDelete