Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hawaiian Haystacks

I love this because you can please anybody with it!


2 c. white rice (or brown)
2 large chicken breasts, boiled & shredded (I just use a can of chicken)
1 can cream of chicken soup

Topping Ideas:
Chow Mein Noodles
Shredded Cheese
Tomatoes
Corn
Peas
Water Chesnuts
Pineapple
Celery

Cook rice according to directions. Set aside. Combine cream of chicken soup with 1/2 to 3/4 c of water or milk according to desired sauce thickness. Stir in chicken and simmer on low heat. Put toppings in separate bowls.

When it is time to eat, each person builds their own "haystack" by taking a scoop of rice, pouring some chicken mixture on top, and adding whatever toppings desired.

3 comments:

  1. This is a family favorite! I find it funny how everyone uses different toppings!

    We use: green onions, tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms (fresh AND canned to make everyone happy), pineapple, peas, and Chow Mein noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make this, it would be perfect for my picky eater(s)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to make these, they look good!

    ReplyDelete