Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fajitas


I stole this picture off of the internet, but this about what they look like when you are done making them. I didn't have time to do the marinade for these on Monday night, so this is what we are having tonight!
Ingredients

Marinade
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Fajitas
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 large white onion
tortillas (we like the multi-grain kind)
2-3 chicken breasts (can use beef)
sour cream, guacamole, and anything else you like

Marinate chicken or beef up to 8 hours before cooking. Cut cooked meat into strips and fry in pan with oil and vegetables for about 5 minutes on med-high heat. Serve in warmed tortillas and garnish with sour cream and guacamole.

*Sometimes I don't get around to marinating the meat before hand, and I just cook it up and throw it all together really fast. It is still good, but is definitely better when marinated. :)

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm, that looks yummy! We love fajitas and I'm always looking for the "perfect" marinade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made fajitas in so long... I don't know why, I love fajitas. I better get marinating.

    ReplyDelete