Monday, April 6, 2009

Mexican Wraps

Filling
2 cups cooked brown rice (OK you can use any kind but brown is my personal favorite cooked in chicken broth with just a little honey)
1 - 14.5 oz can of each of the following:
diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro (you can use plain but do so at your own risk)
corn - drained
black beans - drained and rinsed
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 bunch of cilantro finely chopped.

Mix all ingredients together and season with:
1 tsp chili powder (or more)
1 tsp cumin (or more)
Salt to taste

Place filling in your choice of "wrapper" I like corn tortillas, my husband likes whole grain tortillas and my kids love the "cook it yourself" ones from Costco.

Add one or more of these (or not):
Grated cheese
left over meats, chopped
Avocado (Guacamole)
Sour cream

Roll it up and microwave to heat through, 1 takes about 1 min 30 sec in my microwave.

Top with sauce and/or salsa or just eat it plain. You can wrap it in a paper towel and take it to the ball park or where ever. If I am making rice for another meal I always make extra. If the rice is cooked already these can be ready in about 15 min. - that's a pretty quick dinner!

This recipe makes enough for 10 wraps on a regular size flour tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment