Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Scotcheroos


Sorry that this post is a day late! I am a big fan of scotcheroos. In fact, I purposely make sure that I don't have some of the necessary ingredients in our house very often, otherwise I might make them way more often than is healthy. These can be made on special occasions. Just as a side story, I made these for Aaron and his roommates as a thank you present for helping me with my car when he first caught my eye as my home-teacher. I think that the scotcheroos were partially responsible for him asking me out on our first date. :)

Ingredients

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup light corn syrup
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until mixture boils. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and Rice Krispies (do the Krispies one cup at a time, mixing them completely in between cups or else it is hard to get them mixed in all of the way). Stir until blended and press into 9 X 13 baking dish or regular cookie sheets, depending on how thick you want them to be (I like the thicker ones better). Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over Rice Krispie mixture and put in the fridge to set up. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should call them scotcherwoos! I'm with you, too yummy to have the ingredients around all the time.

    ReplyDelete