Friday, April 3, 2009

Raspberry Angel Food Cake


This desert reminds me of spring. I love it because I can acutally eat it and not feel guilty.

1 serving has 160 calories, 0g of fat, 0mg of Cholesterol, 36g of Carbs.

Exchanges are 1 startch and 1 1/2 fruit.




1 cup boiling water

1 package (4-serving size) sugar- free raspberry flavored gelatin

1/2 cup cold water

1 pint (2 cups) fresh raspberries

1 container (8 oz) frozen fat free whipped topping, thawed

1 round (10 inches in diameter) angel food cake


Pour boiling water over gelation in large bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until thickenedbut not set.


Fold 1 pint raspberries and half of the whipped topping into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate about 15 mintues or until thickenend but not set.


Split cake horizontally to make 3 layers. (to split, mark sideof cake woth toothpicks and cut with long thin serrated knife) Fill layers with gelatin mixture. Spoon or pipe remaining whipped topping onto cake. Garnish with raspberries.

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good, and I agree about it being a springy dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I have not been a big fan of angel food cake (don't like the way it bounces back when you try to cut it) but with it cut into layers I might give it another try.

    ReplyDelete