Thursday, April 30, 2009

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken

Prep: 10 min
Total: 8 hours 10 min.
Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients:
8 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 lb.)
3 Tbsp. flour
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. ginger

Directions:
1. Toss chicken with flour in slow cooker
2. Stir in all remaining ingredients and cover with lid.
3. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or on high for 3 to 4 hours.)

Yummy!!!

I have made this once, and it was fabulous...maybe a little too spicy for my liking, so I might take out the ginger and make sure the bbq sauce wasn't spicy.

2 comments:

  1. Most flavoring you put on chicken in the crock pot gets diluted in all the juices but this looks like it would be more flavorful. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I made this tonight..However I made some changes due to Amy's comments. I add 1 tblspoon of garlic powder to the flour. For the sauce I added 1/2 of the jar of marmalade, doubled the soy sauce, added 1/2 tsp of salt, and cut the ginger down to 1 tsp. It was wonderful,it smells yummy and everyone ate it.

    ReplyDelete