Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cashew Chicken


I love this recipe and it is pretty easy.


Cashew Chicken
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite size chunks.
1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florettes
3 green onions, sliced
1 can water chestnuts, sliced
a handful of cashews (I have never measured them, just put in how many I think looks good)

Stir fry chicken and a little garlic. Start the sauce while the chicken is cooking. (see below)

Add broccoli, green onions until cooked to desired texture. (I like mine done more but many people like them crunchy). Add water chestnuts and cashews

To make the sauce:

2 cans of mandrian oranges (drain the juice into the pan, keep the oranges to put into the chicken)
1 Cup Chicken broth
8 TBL sugar (1/2 cup?)
6 TBL Soy sauce
2tsp garlic
2 tsp ginger

Combine above into a pan and boil. Thicken with cornstarch. Poor on stir fry and add the oranges and serve over rice.

3 comments:

  1. This recipe is what I need! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this yesterday and it earned four thumbs up! (four out of four is nothing short of amazing at my house) I only used 5 TBS of sugar and I should have drained my meat after stir frying it as I had too much liquid - I think I need higher heat and a shallower pan. We took half to the neighbor and wished we has kept a little more. It was yummy!

    ReplyDelete