Saturday, March 28, 2009

Home made Peanut Butter (cookies too)


My friends' sister used to teach kindergarten at our elementary school.
She quit to stay home when she had her first baby.
Now she has a website called "Make and Takes" where she posts all kinds of fun things.

She recently posted a video where she makes homemade peanut butter (and then uses it in cookies). I tried making peanut butter in the blender when I was little and it didn't work out too well - after watching her video I think it was more a lack of scraping
and letting the blender do it's work than anything.
Well, maybe it was the butter that made the peanuts stick to the sides of the blender.

She uses a food processor and it looks pretty easy.
I just happend to be roasting some almonds this morning and tried it with warm fresh roasted almonds in my food processor and it worked great!
I wonder if almond butter cookies would be good...
maybe with chocolate chips - everything's good with chocolate

Edited: I made some cookies Friday and they were awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love peanut butter cookies. And I agree, everything's good with chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad they turned out for you! Thanks for the link. Let me know if you try the almonds!!

    ReplyDelete